Fashion Cravings

Thursday, June 25, 2009

SHOW LOVE

HEY GUYS!!


So I know this is LONG overdue but I must tell you all about my experience at LG’s 10th Annual Fashion Week 2009. It was my first year volunteering but not my last. I remember when I had first received the email saying that I got the volunteer position. I was truly excited. This was my first step to getting experience within my field. Although, it wasn’t specifically doing PR, it was a great way to network within the crowd as well as work on my skills. I had met a lot of great people and became great friends with other volunteers. What tasks had I done? Well one of the less glamorous tasks was catering! I had to cater to those of the VIP Area. Also I had to clean after all guests by clearing out all empty glasses from the Fashion Environment. Fashion Environment was the area where special events took place. Guests were able to mingle, drink, and wait until the next runway was about to start as well as watch Jeanne Beker from Fashion Television, conduct her interviews with several designers and celebrities. One task that I had enjoyed very much was being security on a small scale at this VIP area; this was probably the best area to be at. This is where the networking had begun. I had met a lot of people and got a few business cards at this one spot. Other tasks included assisting guests when needed, providing all guests with calendars, welcomed all guests, media and sponsors, and directed guests to runway shows, and other studio tents. Overall, Fashion Week had been a great experience and I had learned so much, not to mention I got a hug from Glen Baker (so handsome!). I can’t wait until next year to volunteer for the L’Oreal/LG Fashion Week once again. :)




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRAGIC NEWS


I would like to take this time to pay my respects to Michael Jackson’s friends and family. Today is a very sad day for everyone across the world, where a legend has passed away :(. You all will be in my prayers as we try and grieve peacefully. Rest In Peace Michael Jackson.

No comments:

Post a Comment